Joint Tempus project:
RESTRUCTURING OF STUDY PROGRAMME IN ARCHITECTURE TO LONG-CYCLE INTEGRATED MASTER IN LINE WITH EU STANDARDS (RESARCH)
ABOUT RESARCH PROJECT
University of Ljubljana (UL) Faculty of Architecture
Assoc. Prof. Dr Dragan Komatina, Faculty of Architecture, UOM
Assoc. Prof. Dr Alenka Fikfak, Faculty of Architecture, UL
Full Prof. Dr Ugis Bratuškins, Faculty of Architecture and Urban Planning, RTU
Full Prof. Dr Ioannis Kiousopoulos, TEI Athens
Assist. Prof. Dr Saja Kosanović, Faculty of Technical Sciences – Architecture Department, UPKM
Project Aims and Objectives
Joint Tempus project RESTRUCTURING OF STUDY PROGRAMME IN ARCHITECTURE TO LONG-CYCLE INTEGRATED MASTER IN LINE WITH EU STANDARDS (RESARCH) has been selected for co-funding in the TEMPUS IV – EACEA 5th call for proposals.
Based on the institutional collaboration between Programme and Partners Countries higher education institutions, the project aimed:
- To promote the reform and modernisation of higher education in two Western Balkans countries by upgrading existing study programmes in architecture in line with the European standards, specifically EU Directive on Regulated Professions 2005/36/EC of the European Parliament and the European Council of 7th September 2005, and
- To build up the capacity of higher education institutions in the partner countries and the EU, in particular for international cooperation and for a permanent modernisation process, and to assist them in opening themselves up to society at large.
Specific objectives of the project were the following:
- To develop (upgrade) and implement study programmes in architecture at the University of Montenegro (Faculty of Architecture) and the University of Priština in Kosovska Mitrovica (Faculty of Technical Sciences, Department of Architecture), distinctive and visible at the international level, by using the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), the three cycle system and the recognition of degrees
- To achieve National Accreditation for reformed programmes
- To carry out teaching staff trainings and students stays in Programme Countries partners higher education institutions
- To develop tangible and sustainable collaboration between all project partners, and
- To secure active role and collaboration with students’ and non-academic organizations in the development and implementation of reformed study programmes.
Project work plan was elaborated through nine work packages. Work Package 1 (WP1) concerned the analysis and revision of exiting study programmes in architecture. WP2, WP3 and WP4 dealt with the development of study programmes and their official recognition. Work Package 5 was dedicated to the upgrade of teaching methods, while the Work Package 6 encompassed quality control and monitoring. Dissemination of the project was included in Work Package 7. Work Package 8 dealt with the exploitation of project results and sustainability of project achievements. Project management issues are embedded in Work Package 9 of the work plan.
In accordance with the work plan and available budget, UPKM has achieved the following results in the framework of RESARCH 530440 Tempus project:
- Architecture study programme was restructured in accordance with the EU Directive on Regulated Professions (2005/36/EC)
- National Accrediation for restructured study programme was obtained in 2014
- Implemenation of accrediated programme began in school year 2014/2015
- New studies of architecture are distincive at international level
- Knowedge transfer (academic staff and students) within the consortium has been succesfully carried out through trainings and students’ short mobility stays
- Faculty of Technical Sceinces has been modernised with the introduction of new pedagogical methodologies and new knowledge application
- The institution has improved its capacities with the new equipment and teaching material
- Cooperation with non-academic sector has been strengthened
- Numerous other positive impact on institution have been registred.