Besides fruitful collaboration in core project activities, members of RESARCH consortium worked and participated together in various academic, educational-research and research-scientific actions, such as:
- Participation (with paper contribution) at the International Scientific Conference “Man and Space” organised by the partner institution University of Ljubljana – Faculty of Architecture in Goriška Brda, Slovenia, October 2013
- Participation (with paper contribution) at the International Academic Conference “Teaching Sustainability” organised by the partner institution University of Ljubljana – Faculty of Architecture, in Ljubljana, Slovenia, June 2014
- Participation (with joint papers contribution) at the 55th International Scientific Conference of Riga Technical University – Faculty of Architecture and Urban Planning, in Riga, Latvia, October 2014
- Participation (with joint papers contribution) at the International Academic Conference “Places and Technologies 2015”, Nova Gorica, June 2015, organised by the partner institution University of Ljubljana – Faculty of Architecture, in Goriška Brda, Slovenia, June 2015
- Publication of joint research work in partner institutions journals Architecture and Urban Planning (Riga Technical University – Faculty of Architecture and Urban Planning), and Creativity Game – Theory and Practice of Spatial Planning and AR Architecture, Research (both of the University of Ljubljana – Faculty of Architecture)
- Publication of joint research work in external international scientific journals
- Organisation of common exhibitions in Mitrovica (2014) and Nova Gorica (2015)
- Signing of common cooperation agreements
- Preparation and submission of new joint project proposals, and other.
COLLABORATION WITH THE NON-ACADEMIC SECTOR
The collaboration between the Department of Architecture at the Faculty of Technical Sciences and non-academic sector has been strengthened during the project life time, particularly from the third year of project implementation. Besides the fact that Faculty’s Office for collaboration with the industry has been reactivated, collaboration activities connected with the teaching process were mainly directed towards including external stakeholders in the development and realisation of students’ design projects. In this regard, the most successful collaboration has been achieved with the municipalities, at the first place with the Municipality of Gračanica, and then with Gračanica Tourist Organisation.
The first joint action between Architecture Department and Municipality of Gračanica started in the first semester of the school year 2014/2015, when the students of the third year got an assignment to develop design projects for two needed objects to be built in Gračanica area: Tourist Info Office and Exhibition Pavilion. During the whole winter semester, the students were working on the design of mentioned structures within the course Special Problems in Design; besides designing, the work included site visits, seminars and debates with the mentioned stakeholders.
Finalized students’ projects were exhibited at the hall of Gračanica Municipality building. The exhibition was opened on the 18th of April 2015; the best students’ works were announced, and the students who authored them were awarded with computers donated by the Municipality Gračanica. The project for Tourist Info Office has been later executed and inaugurated in December 2015.
The newest collaboration action between Architecture Department at the Faculty of Technical Sciences in Kosovska Mitrovica and Municipality of Gračanica started on the beginning of the second semester 2016/2017 school year, when the design competitions for Social housing in Suvi Do village, Memorial space in Gračanica and Library in Gračanica have been launched.
During the whole semester, students of architecture were developing three design projects by working in studio, visiting intended locations, attending seminars and having debates with the representatives from the Municipality and Gračanica Tourist Organisation..
At the beginning of June 2016, the projects were finalized, evaluated and exhibited at the Faculty as a part of annual exhibition established in the framework of RESARCH project. The announcement of the winners by the Municipality is appointed for September 2016 in Gračanica, after which the execution of winning solutions will start..